Brian Inkster was named Solicitor of the Year at the Law Awards of Scotland in 2006.
In announcing the award Donald Findlay QC said:-
“This was a tough category for the judges due to the number of high quality submissions. But the winner surprised even them, by making a highly successful practice in a very niche area. Mixing good old traditional values with an innovative approach to delivering legal services our winner has been rewarded for making the most of his opportunities and creating a very successful practice.”
In 2014 Brian Inkster received the Managing Partner of the Year Award at the Law Awards of Scotland.
Tam Cowan announced the award and said:-
“The winner of this year’s award has built their practice through a strategy that involves brand awareness, use of information technology, niche practice areas and taking the law to rural parts of Scotland.”
Brian Inkster picked up the innovation award at the 2007 Highlands and Islands Tourism Awards for OfficeLodge, the business that combines office accommodation and fully serviced living accommodation in the centre of Lerwick. Developed as a base for Inksters to meet clients and more effectively deal with business in Shetland, it operates as a distinct business in its own right and is let out to other business travellers to Shetland. The objective of OfficeLodge was to create a home from home for business travellers. The innovative aspect is its combination of a serviced apartment with an office.
Other awards won by Inksters include:-
- Arts & Business Scotland Awards 2014 – Placemaking Award
- Law Awards of Scotland 2013 – Chairman’s Award
- Valuable Content Awards 2012 – Valuable Content Award
- Law Awards of Scotland 2012 – Corporate Social Responsibility Law Firm of the Year
- Law Awards of Scotland 2011 – Trainee Solicitor of the Year (Louise King)
- Web Marketing Association Awards 2009 – Web Award for scotsproperty.com